Skip to main content

History of Dr. Ernest Garcia Elementary School

History of Dr. Ernest Garcia Elementary School

Dr. Ernest Garcia Elementary School opened in 1994 as part of the Rialto Unified School District.  Principal Steven White and assistant principal Yvonne Lowrance opened a brand new school with a technology emphasis.   When the school year first began the current campus was not even ready for use so students began the year on the campus of Rialto High School.  Then after about six weeks the students were moved to the 1390 West Randall Avenue location.  Through the years the school has been home to thousands of elementary aged children. Seven of the original staff members still call Garcia home.  Garcia has had 6 different principals, the latest being Ramona Rodriguez.  Garcia celebrates a tradition of high expectations and many success stories.  Here is to a continuation of the tradition of excellence!